The race list below contains all local triathlons between April – July 30th to ensure students have enough time to apply for the Annual Steve Tarpinian Scholarship which will be awarded on August 10, 2017. Our goal is to award the scholarship before any eligible freshman leave for college.
Check out the 2017 Triathlon races that you can choose from:
April 23, 2017, 8:30AM – Mini MightyMan Sprint Triathlon, Eisenhower Park
- This is a perfect beginner race that includes a pool swim with 50 meter lanes.
- Swim: 400 meters pool swim (8 50-meter laps)
- Bike: 6 miles
- Run: 2 miles
June 3, 2017, 6:50AM – The Northwell Health Tri by the Bay, East Islip
- 750 Meter open water swim in the Great South Bay
- Ride 11miles through the Town of Islip
- Finish with a 5k run through the local bayside community.
June 17, 2017, 5PM – Turbo Tri, East Hampton
- Race starts at the Maidstone Park Pavillion in Springs – East Hampton, NY
- 300 yard Open Water Bay Swim
- 7 Mile Bike (hilly)
- 1.5 mile run
- Followed by a Sunset Dinner and Music under the Pavilion
July 9, 2017, 6:50AM – The PBMC Northwell Health Jamesport Triathlon, Jamesport
- Enjoy all the beauty this North Fork Triathlon has to offer, as you Swim 500m in the pristine Peconic Bay
- Ride 25k through local Towns, Villages and Farmlands
- Finish with a 5k run through the local seaside community.
July 14, 5:30PM (ages 10-17 only) – Hamptons Youth Triathlon, Sag Harbor
- Long Beach (Foster Memorial Beach), Long Beach Road Sag Harbor, NY 11963
- Open water 300 yard swim in crystal clear, shallow waters
- 7 mile bike – The bike route takes riders on a mostly flat course on wide roads with designated bike lanes and the run is a down and back on a closed course.
- 1.5 mile run
July 16, 2017, 6:30AM – Montauk Lighthouse Sprint Race, Montauk
- 1/2 Mile open water Swim at Gin Beach
- 14 Mile Bike (hilly)
- 3.1 Mile Run through Camp Hero
July 30 , 2017, 6:50AM – Town of Huntington Sprint Triathlon, Northport
- 750-meter open water swim at Crab Meadow Beach, Northport
- Scenic 9.8 mile bike ride through the hills of the Town of Huntington
- 3.3 mile run through the charming streets of Northport which includes an uphill on the first half and a downhill on the second.