The costs of triathlon entry fees, training and gear, may prevent you from experiencing triathlon. To allow more students to experience the sport of triathlon, the Steve Tarpinian Memorial Fund grants free triathlon entries to qualified student athletes who exemplify the honorable character and generous spirit of Steve Tarpinian and currently participate in the sports of swimming, biking or running.
Apply for the Triathlon Grant
Are you a student leader who empowers others through your passion and kindness and are interested in competing in a Long Island triathlon? The Steve Tarpinian Memorial Fund will grant a minimum of 10 individual and relay triathlon entries in 2018. You can elect to compete individually (do the swim, bike and run by him or herself) or as a triathlon relay team. Each relay team consists of 2- 3 students (one doing the swim, one doing the bike, and one doing the run.) Complete the application to apply for a triathlon grant. Grants will cover the triathlon enrollment fees and any USAT fees.
- You must be a Long Island or Queens student in good standing, ages 13-19 years old.
- You must be a swimmer, biker and/or runner (whether in school or out of school)
- You must exemplify the characteristics of Steve Tarpinian including passion, kindness, dedication, charm, wit, honor, and creativity.
- You must be nominated by an athletic director, coach, teacher or parent. Their name and email will be added to the application.
If you qualify for the triathlon grants, please complete the application. You will be notified if you are selected to compete in your selected triathlon.
Check out the 2018 Triathlon races that you can choose from (click here to review additional race details including distances and locations):
- Mini MightyMan Sprint Triathlon, Eisenhower Park
- The Northwell Health Tri by the Bay, East Islip
- Turbo Tri, East Hampton
- The PBMC Northwell Health Jamesport Triathlon, Jamesport
- Hamptons Youth Triathlon, Sag Harbor
- Montauk Lighthouse Sprint Race, Montauk
- Town of Huntington Sprint Triathlon, Northport
The 2017 Triathlon Grant submission period has ended. Thank you to all of the applicants. All applicants will be notified by February 15, 2017 as to whether they will receive a triathlon grant for the race they selected. If you missed the submission deadline, please check back in a few months as we will be opening up our 2018 Triathlon Grant registration! To stay up to date on our grants and scholarships, sign up for our newsletter.